Locals and visitors to Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, and the greater Cape Canaveral area love to spend some time at Jetty Park. Even if you’re in the area for the space-related attractions, the team at Carl’s Van Rentals recommends that you take a few hours to explore this 35-acre park that has a little bit of something for everyone.
Part of the Brevard County park system, Jetty Park is visited year-round due to its outdoor recreation opportunities, such as:
- Swimming: Enjoy time at the park’s family-friendly beach that has lifeguards on duty year-round.
- Fishing: Cast a line off of the fishing pier that’s open daily from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. The pier is easily accessible to all people and has fish-cleaning tables, running water, and more.
- Boardwalk: Enjoy a stroll along the park’s boardwalk. You can watch the water, look for wildlife, and watch local fishermen.
- Picnicking: The park supplies both picnic tables and pavilions in case you want to bring your own lunch. You can also stop by the park’s refreshment center in case you just want a light snack.
- Camping: Want to stay overnight at the park? You can book one of the park’s 210 campsites or even rent one of the cabins. The campground accommodates both RV and tent camping.
You can make Jetty Park your base of operations or a just stop as part of your grand tour of Port Canaveral. If you need a van rental while in the area, be sure to contact Carl’s at (800) 565-5211. We have a wide selection of minivans, passenger vans, Sprinter vans, and even Jeeps to help you explore Jetty Park, Cocoa Beach, and the Cape. Our reliable and affordable vans are the best in the area, so be sure to check out our current rental specials, and book online today.
photo credit: Port Canaveral 2012 via photopin (license)