Are you in the mood to explore the art and culture of Fort Lauderdale? Maybe it’s a rainy day in South Florida, and you’re looking for an indoor activity to save you from the weather? Whatever has you looking at Fort Lauderdale attractions, we at Carl’s Van Rentals urge you to spend some time at the NSU Art Museum.
The NSU Art Museum is located in Fort Lauderdale’s downtown district, only five minutes away from our van rental location. The museum’s proximity to other area attractions is ideal if you want to make a day trip of not only visiting the museum, but shopping and enjoying some local dining as well. The museum is not far from the Museum of Discovery & Science or the Broward Performing Arts Center.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy while visiting the NSU Art Museum:
- Explore 83,000 square feet dedicated to the highest quality of artistic expression and instruction.
- View visiting exhibits that feature works from around the world and from different time periods.
- Check out the museum’s permanent collection that includes over 6,000 works from artists like William J. Glackens, Joan Mitchell, and Pablo Picasso.
- Enjoy lunch or sip a cold beer at the Museum Café.
- Browse through the Museum Store for unique gifts or souvenirs to commemorate your time in Fort Lauderdale.
Admission to the NSU Art Museum is $12 for adults (over age 18), $8 for seniors (over age 65) and military personnel, and $4 for students (ages 13-17) and college students (with a valid college ID). Children under age 12 are not charged admission. While closed major holidays, the museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
For all your cultural and artistic exploration around Fort Lauderdale, don’t forget to book a van rental from Carl’s Van Rentals. We have a wide range of rental options, from 15 passenger van rentals to minivan rentals, as well as regular van rental specials. Check out our inventory, and contact us at (954) 525-8008 to make a reservation.