Fort Lauderdale is more than just beaches! (Although, we don’t blame you if you spend most of your vacation in the sand and surf…) If you’re looking for some fun and inexpensive ways to enjoy Fort Lauderdale, FL, check out these tips from your friends at Carl’s Van Rentals.
- Take a stroll on Hollywood’s beach-side boardwalk.
- Attend the SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch, held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. the first Sunday of the month at the Downtown Riverwalk.
- See the mangroves at the Anne Kolb Nature Center.
- Window shop at the boutiques in downtown Hollywood.
- Build a sandcastle on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- Enjoy live music at Friday Night Sound Waves that takes place every Friday night from 8 to 9:30 p.m. on Fort Lauderdale beach (now through November 18, 2016).
- Spend some time at Las Olas Boulevard, known for great shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- Peruse the indoor, open-air flea market at Festival Flea Market in Pompano Beach, FL.
- Check out the Miami Dolphins football training camp if you happen to be in town during their training dates.
- Pack a picnic lunch, and head to the beach to watch the surf boarders, jet skis, and other watersport fun.
One surefire way to save money in Fort Lauderdale is to book a cheap van rental from a local, reliable rental company. Carl’s has top-of-the-line, affordable minivans, passenger vans, and Sprinter vans. Plus, we offer regular rental deals that make our vans even better on your vacation budget.