Whether you’re in Jacksonville for business or for the ol’ family vacation, you likely want to enjoy some top-notch local cuisine. Our crew at Carl’s Van Rentals have put together this list of restaurants that are worth a try. We’ve categorized them by time of day to help you narrow down the restaurant you are looking for. Note that this list isn’t all-inclusive, but we tried to pick some good ones for you.
- Southern Roots Filling Station: Open for both breakfast and lunch hours, Southern Roots offers fresh, locally sourced dishes. What we love about Southern Roots is their commitment to ethically sourced vendors as well as making good food available at an affordable rate. (Be sure to ask about their “Sliding Scale” rice and beans bowl.)
- Maple Street Biscuit Company: Come see the restaurant that started it all! The first Maple Street Biscuit Company opened right here in Jacksonville, FL. From good ol’ biscuits and gravy to waffles that will make your mouth fall in love, they have just the Southern comfort food you’ve been looking for.
- Bread and Board: This restaurant isn’t your regular sandwich shop. Yes, you can find mostly sandwiches here, but we think you’ll find their unique Southern-inspired creations to your liking. You can get just a sandwich or upgrade it to a sandwich board to get a few extras. Bread and Board also has a good selection of beers and wines.
- B Street Eats: New to Jacksonville, B Street Eats offers a casual Latin menu and atmosphere. The menu is fun and upbeat, including options like “Sweet Pig” and “Oh My Goodness.” All their chicken is free range, hormone-free, and they even make their sauces right there at the restaurant with fresh ingredients. According to B Street Eats, you can enjoy (and feel good about) eating there.
- Gilbert’s Social: For unique dishes with a touch of the South, try Gilbert’s Social. This restaurant is the second venture by renowned Top Chef contestant, Kenny Gilbert. This restaurant is great for a date night or for a family meal. Prices are moderate, ranging from Charred Jalapeño Tamales ($11) to the Ultimate Sampler ($45, meant to serve 2-3 people). Gilbert’s Social is open for lunch and dinner, and they do take reservations.
- Mossfire Grill: Open for both lunch and dinner, the Mossfire Grill & Lounge is great for an evening out. You can enjoy family-style dining and sample some great Southwestern dishes, or if you’re dining without kids, take advantage of the Mossfire Lounge and tequila bar.
As you travel through Jacksonville enjoying these great restaurants, you will likely need a van rental to get you there. From passenger vans (perfect for group travel) to minivans, we have a van to meet your needs. Check out our current rental specials, and contact us at (904) 727-3848, or book online to make a reservation.
photo credit: public domain via pixabay